When walking to and from your car downtown, you can call for a free Safety Escort.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I park? There are several options for parking here on 3rd street. You can pull into loading or temporary parking if you are quickly dropping off your child. There are also metered spots along both sides of the street. You can also use Parking Lot C near Harvey Milk Park, which has 2 hours free.
- Is Scholars Collective a daycare? No, we are not a daycare. We are an educational center that offers one-on-one tutoring and small group educational enrichment activities.
- Does Scholars Collective serve toddlers? No, we do not serve toddlers. Our program is designed specifically for school age children. Everything we do is to reinforce academic standards learned in school.
- What makes Scholars Collective different? We offer affordable convenient services that provide hands-on engaging educational activities. Unlike other tutoring centers, we do not use boxed programs. All our activities are designed by local teachers to inspire fun and curiosity.
- Will Scholars Collective test my child? While we do perform informal assessments of learning during enrichment activities, we do not have a testing program. All children learn at different paces and in different ways. At Scholars Collective we cater to your child's strengths to measure growth and build confidence. However, if your child is receiving tutoring from us, our staff will work directly with their teachers to ensure we align our instruction with the curriculum and assessments being used at school.
- What if my child is differently abled or has an IEP? No problem! We do our best to serve all children of all needs at Scholars Collective. If our management feel that we are not equipped to serve your child's needs, we will provide advice for other options in the Long Beach area.